Desert Star is committed to responsible environmental stewardship. We strive to minimize our impact on natural environments through world-class best practices.
- Establish environmental policies and programs in accordance with industry and global best practices
- Ongoing identification and assessment of environmental risks with specific mitigation strategies to protect the environment
- Ensure all employees, contractors and suppliers understand and comply with applicable regulatory requirements and environmental standards
- Promote a workforce culture that values and upholds environmentally responsible attitudes and behaviors
- Encourage open dialogue with and respond to concerns from employees and the public regarding environmental issues
- Design and operate facilities to be energy and resource efficient
- Develop procedures and maintain adequate resources required to ensure a high level of emergency preparedness applicable to environmental protection and public safety
- Develop and execute specific reclamation strategies for each stage of exploration, development, operation and closure
- Monitor and assess environmental performance for continuous improvement
Desert Star has initiated or will initiate environmental baseline studies to address potential environmental impacts as applicable to permitting and project development. The Company anticipates submission of the Environmental Assessment for government review in Q3 2018.